Monday, November 15, 2010

Blushing Baboon

On my way into class today, my most outspoken student stopped singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and  yelled, "Ooh, hey!  I love that shirt."  It's not my usual solid cotton blend t-shirt.  It's a light gray t-shirt with swirly filigree-looking things in black velvet and white screen print on the torso.  I said, "Thanks.  I like it, too."   

Last fall, a different student (who was worried that, among many other things, having her tonsils out would make her voice sound like that of a smoker) said, "Hey, you look really cute today.  Good job!"

God, I love the filterless ones.  They always act so surprised when I wear something "cute," and I am as entertained by their surprise as I am appreciative of their compliments.  They ask the best and the worst questions, but they aren't afraid to ask.  I count myself lucky if I can get one in every class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment